Monday, January 2, 2012

A year in review and leaving on a jet plane..........

Can not believe it!! It is 2012!! Yes, I am only behind a couple of days in writing this post, but I have been writing it in my head, does that count??

Our New Year's Eve was great! We spent it with some great family, sittin' round a fire, eating delicious food, and lots of laughing! We watched the ball drop and I was actually able to kiss my Love at Midnight, since he is usually working. What an interesting year 2011 was! Lots and lots of highs and lows and everything in between! Our family and friends were there to pick us up and encourage us and were most certainly there to rejoice with us when we were matched. Ya'll will never know how much the calls, cards, texts, and PRAYERS have made this journey possible. At the beginning of 2011 we were having a high level of anxiety about which way to go with moving forward with an agency. The NC agency still was unable to let us know if they could take additional families, and we just were not sure where to stand. After much prayer and some kind friends suggestion of looking into an agency in TX, God started to put things in motion for us. He took away my anxiety and gave us great peace in knowing we were headed down the right path. Now, don't get me wrong, you can look back at some of the posts from 2011, there were definitely some down days wondering if we would ever get chosen. But I am so grateful we did not get chosen until Oct 27th, cause then we would not have this most amazing relationship with D. We would not be able to stare at sonogram shots of Caleb. We would not receive texts, emails, and phone calls from a most amazing woman across the country. God is so good and so faithful!

Since we have gotten to know each other we can talk openly about what how God was working in our lives over the last year, months before we even knew about each other. My sweet NC social worker Dawn told me that God likes to wrap things up in a nice neat little bow, a God of order. She is so very right!

In three days we are boarding a plane to San Antonio, TX!! I can't even stand myself right now! Jeff is really excited too, which is hard for some people to picture cause he is Mister Calm most of the time, but he is so ready too! Our flight leaves early Friday morning with a layover in Charlotte, NC of about an hour. Then off to San Antonio we go, landing around 12:20ish..... From there we pick up our rental car and head about 20 minutes to the agency where we will meet D and T and our social workers face to face for the first time! Oh my gosh, I am so going to cry! I know I am and there is not a thing I can do about it. haha I have already warned D. that I am an "ugly crier" so hopefully it won't be too bad! She assured me she was as well, so I think we have an agreement.... no mascara! Gosh, I can not wait to hug her. I hope Caleb cooperates and let's us feel him kicking! After the agency visit we will head to her 3pm Doc appointment!!!! So so so so so thankful that they are allowing us to share in this time! I can't believe how blessed we are! Yes, I know I am using way to many exclamation points but do you blame me????!!!??? haha

Can't wait to share all of the weekends adventures and pictures with ya'll! Please pray for safe travels, healthy pregnancy for Mom and Baby, friendships, courage, PEACE, encouragement, healing, relationships, that I don't wake up with a mouth full of fever blisters (HUGE FEAR OF MINE!!!), no flight delays, WOW, I guess just pray allot!

Love ya'll - we will check back in soon! J & K

No comments:

Post a Comment