Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

Hey everyone! Well, another Christmas season has come and gone! Soon 2011 will be over and we will be rushing in the New Year! We had a great Christmas, very busy, but really great! We did things a little different this year and it worked out really well! Christmas Day is usually a mad dash to make sure we see everyone all on the same day but it usually ends up with everyone tired, cranky, late night driving, and not enough time with our families! Plus, this year Jeff had to work, so that complicated things even more. So on Christmas Day he went to work, I went to Mom's for our traditional Christmas morning breakfast, and this was the year Amber was with her Mom for Christmas morning. After breakfast, Mom, Kevin and I exchanged gifts, then off to the nursing home to see Grandma. Then back to Mom's for lunch with Aunt Vicky and Aunt Valerie, then around 4 I was off to travel the hour & half to my in laws for the night. We usually don't stay the night, but we were SO HAPPY we did! It gave us all plenty of time to eat dinner, open presents, watch TV, play board games, it was great! The next morning we had breakfast and headed back home with the in laws in tow to see what Santa had left for Amber in Jacksonville! It was so much fun!!! I have lots of pictures to post....sometime.....

Caleb even received a few gifts this year. He had a stocking at our house and at my Mom's house, with little lovies and toys. Aunt Valerie gave him a sweet set of bibs, and my great Aunt Carol gave him the softest blanket. AND my brother and his fiance Laura gave him a brown cushy blanket that has a lion on it and they had his initials embroidered in one of the corners. So sweet!! I know he is going to LOVE IT!

Our sweet D. went to visit her family out of state but we were still able to text and talk on the phone over the weekend. We all prayed this visit would go well, and I truly believe our prayers were heard. She had a nice visit and is back home safe and sound.

I can't believe we get to meet them in ten days!!! SERIOUSLY!!??!!?? We are so excited!! I am not really nervous at all, but really really excited!! haha I am a little nervous about the plane ride though. I have only flown one time and that was over 5 years ago, and I was really sick with a sinus infection and double ear infection at the time and it was NOT PLEASANT! So bad that we seriously contemplated renting a car and driving back from NY. (Remember that trip Shannon?) But since I have a cold now, I am really praying that it will be gone by the time we board that plane! You can tell I'm nervous about flying because I think I have been to United Airways and TSA websites daily making sure I don't miss anything. I have looked at our flights and car rentals several times also, I am just afraid something will happen and we will miss this trip. We can't miss this trip! I can't wait to hug D!!! I just adore her so much, like an old friend. I can't wait to visit! I'm also looking forward to being the house guest to a special friend! (Hi Briana!)

Oh and we finally made it to the 3rd trimester!! Yippee!!! D. is doing well and feeling good and has already had braxton hix contractions. Eek, I am so nervous about delivery day! I know it's not possible for me to take her pain, but I truly wish I could! I hope it is physical as easy a labor as possible. That's a dumb statement, I know. Anywho......

This is all so wonderful and we feel so very blessed to be on this journey. On Christmas I really took time to reflect that after all this time, this will be our very last Christmas without Baby Clayton. I have no idea what I did in life to deserve such goodness, kindness, blessing, gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment