Thursday, January 17, 2013

10 months

My sweet little baby is growing up! Way too fast. Everyone said it would happen, but I didn’t want to believe them! While he still loves to be held, especially in the mornings and as soon as I get home from work, he is also gaining more and more independence every day. When he is ready to get down, he squirms and wiggles until his feet hit the floor, and then he is off to explore his pile of toys, or the wheel on the pack N play, or the pedals on the piano, of any of his other things he is interested in. At 10 months he just amazes us. He is literally learning something new everyday. Yesterday, he mimicked me blowing him kisses through the door, and this morning he waved and blew me a kiss when I left. This week he also stood up in the middle of the living room, without assistance and just stood there. When he realized what he had done I think he was stunned, and he plopped back down to the floor. He is still cruising the furniture and makes quick work of clearing off any shelf or side table that he has access too. We had to install cabinet locks recently also cause he is becoming quite the little explorer. Opening and almost closing doors have become quite fascinating as well. He still has an obsession with Barney but we have branched out to include Curious George, Mickey Mouse, and Pajanimals, but Barney is still his number one fave in the morning while drinking his bottle. When he hears that intro music he just laughs, says “Bar Bar” or something to that affect, and claps his little hands, or taps them on the bottle. Sweetest thing ever. I’m convinced that watching him drink from his bottle might be one of my favorite sights. I know his bottle drinking days will be nearing an end since we have started introducing the sippy cup, but there is just something about his little lips on the bottle. He loves it so much and I love to hear his little grunts and watch him fall asleep drinking, playing with his hair and him rubbing my face. I hope and pray I remember these special times always. He has been busy playing with a few of his fave toys he received for Christmas – a remote control, a cell phone with Grover, a little dump truck that carries blocks, and a dinosaur that bounces little plastic balls inside and they bounce out. Gets him laughing every time. He loves any kind of box or bag that he can put toys in and then remove them, over and over.
After battling a stuffy nose and cough for a couple of weeks I took him to the Doc at the beginning of January. Just a bad cold, but he also had an ear infection, so another round of antibiotics was prescribed. He seems fine now, back to his normal playful self, and THANKFULLY has a clear and dry nose! He and I both were getting tired of having to suction it out all the time!
Good thing about having to take him to the doc was getting him weighed. He is still hovering around 19lbs, not much gain from last month, but he really feels more solid to me.
19lbs
Size 4 diapers
Drinks 6/8 oz every few hours – definitely drinking less now that he is eating more solids
Eats a small amt at breakfast, then lunch and dinner
Snacks – puffs, arrowroot crackers, mum mum
My sweet not so little baby boy – You are so very much loved! You make Mommy melt with your sneaky little grins and when you rub my face and hair. I love your curiousness and desire to know everything about your surroundings. I love your ability to make someone feel so special when you laugh and play with them. I love your obsession for your big sissy and how you follow her around as fast as your knees will allow you to do so. I LOVE how you are sleeping so well and when I lay you in your crib you just nuzzle down without a peep. I LOVE that I watch you on the monitor playing with your bunny in the crib, rubbing his floppy ears. Not crying, just playing in the early morning light, and trusting that someone will come pick you up. I love that when I open your door in the morning you start bouncing and jumping, so happy to see me. I love that when you wrap your little arms around my neck you start humming “mmm mmm”. I love you buddy boy and I am so thankful you are mine.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about you and your family. I stumed upon your blog about 6 months ago and I really really love checking for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the family is all good. Miss seeing updates.

    ReplyDelete