Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 31

We made it to week 31!!! 5w6d and counting!! Things are still on track for delivery at 37 weeks, but the Doc did say that they may be able to push it back to 38 weeks cause D's apt went so well last Friday! This, of course, is such a blessing, and we will take any days given, Of course, we all want him here! But, if waiting a week means an easier delivery for her and a little more cooking time for Caleb, then waiting is just what we will do!

Our travel plans are still up in the air at this point (no pun intended). We have not bought plane tix yet because we don't have a set day or week. We are kinda waiting to see if they are going to push it back. Here is my dilemma: If I buy the tickets now, we save a bundle, but they are non refundable and we would pay about $150 each to change the tix. If we wait too long to purchase them, then the price goes way up. And, we can not buy a round trip ticket because we have no idea how long we will actually be in TX before Raleigh, NC sends the interstate compact to TX and tells them that it is OK for us to cross state lines. Speaking of....can you just go ahead and pray for this in advance?? Being away from our families is going to be tough. I know we will cherish every single minute we have in TX. With D. and T. with our new friends Brianna, Noel, and Hunter, and loving on our precious miracle Caleb. It will be a roller coaster ride for sure and I am so thankful that I have a husband like Jeff that keeps me steady, holds my hand when I get scared, and wipes my tears when I can not hold them in any longer. I truly am looking forward to that time with him, seeing him with Caleb.

I also can't wait to see my precious D. again. We plan on arriving in TX a couple of days before the delivery (if we have a scheduled date). I am so looking forward to hugging her again! We have shared some wonderful laughs and I just want to drink it all in. Every second. Because a friendship and bond like this is so special. A miracle really. God has not only chosen Caleb to be our son but he has given him the finest first Mom and a true friend to me. She has sat in her home on bed rest, day in and day out, following doctors orders, growing Caleb, and I know it has been so tough to just sit around! But she has done it, and continues to do it! I have no idea what Caleb's birth day will be like, but I plan on being whatever D. needs on that day.

I was thinking of some of the things I love about D. and thought I would share.....

I love that she loves Jesus. I love that she laughs so hard sometimes that she snorts....just like me. I love that she values family traditions, history, and memories. I love that she loves to take pictures and record the memories in scrapbooks. I love that she loves bright and fun socks. I love that she loves chocolate, and lots of it. I love that she is one of the bravest women I have ever met. And not just because she has chosen adoption, but because no matter what she holds her head high and she pushes through. I love that she loves board games, Disney movies, roller coasters, yellow cake with chocolate icing (my fave), and Twilight books. I love that from the first phone call on November 4th, it was easy and natural, like I was talking to an old friend. But, I think most of all, I love that she thinks enough of me to share these things with me.

With all that being said...............here is 31 weeks and counting!!

Who else is in love with the fact that our sweet D. is radiant in our adoption T-shirt?? :)

THANKS for the many prayers and words of encouragement! Love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment