Sunday, March 25, 2012

Caleb's birth parents

Hi! So I'm finally getting around to updating the blog again. I will try to make more frequent posts, we are just still getting settled into a routine (sort of), and have been blessed with lots of visitors. I promised I would write a post about Caleb's birth parents. So here goes....

We don't have much information on them, only a few pages of self disclosed info in their own handwriting. And since this match occurred so quickly we did not have months and months to build a relationship. Although, this match could have been different than our first match and they might not have wanted a relationship with us. Either way, I am grateful for the info we do have on them and the single picture of Caleb's first parents S. and E. The picture was taken in the hospital after delivery and what struck me first is that they were both smiling. S. is 5'3 blond hair, blue eyed, attractive 23 year old with shoulder length hair and freckles dotting her cheeks and nose. E. is 6'1, 24 years old with dark hair and eyes. Caleb's pretty complexion and dark features is compliments of his birth father being Hispanic. I can't wait to see how my beautiful son tans in the Summer.

S. and E. love each other greatly and were high school sweethearts. S. loves to draw and dance while E. loves to play the guitar and write music. So Caleb may inherit some artistic genes. S. loves math while E. excelled in History. (Both of Jeff's faves) S. is left handed (like me) while E. is right handed (like Jeff). They have 3 children together, ages 4,3,2 so yes, this means that Caleb has 3 full bio siblings. They must really love Caleb to choose adoption. I can't imagine how hard that decision was. They had already left the hospital when we arrived but the nurses told us that S. and E. both said their goodbyes to baby boy. They chose to give him a life with two parents who could provide for him and meet his every need. They loved him enough to choose us to be his parents. They have asked for a closed adoption, and we will respect that. The agency requires us to send monthly photos for the next six months, and these will be stored at the agency if S. and E. would like to receive them.

I wonder daily how they are doing. We do know S. called the agency a couple of days after placement to see how things had gone for us. They asked if we were excited and the social worker assured her we were beyond excited.

One day maybe we will get the chance to meet them or one day maybe Caleb would like to know more about them and seek them out. We would definitely support him in that and help him in any way. As I am rocking him to sleep in his nursery I tell him about his first Mommy, how she loved him so much. How we prayed and prayed for him and how God gave her the strength to choose us to raise him. He will know the sacrifices they made to ensure that he had the life they wanted him to have.













1 comment:

  1. Karen I could kick you... everytime I read your blog I cry. Everytime my Sofia drives me crazy or Andrew tries my patience, I have to remind myself about you and all you wanted and how truly blessed I am to have my miracles with me everyday. Congrats again and always know that we were praying and hoping that this day would finally come.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete