Thursday, October 27, 2011

What? You have been kicked?? On your anniversary??

Interesting title huh? I will explain that in a minute, but first, let me start at from a few hours ago.

At 2:39pm our lives changed. Forever. At 2:39pm my cell phone rang, and I missed the call. Can you believe that??

But, also at 2:39pm I returned that missed call. And received the news we have been waiting for.

We have been MATCHED!


Praise the LORD.
Praise God in his sanctuary;
Praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
Praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
Praise him with the harp and lyre,
Praise him with timbrel and dancing,
Praise him with the strings and pipe,
Praise him with the clash of cymbals,
Praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Psalm 150

WE HAVE BEEN MATCHED!
Thank you Lord for not giving up on us, even when we were weak and doubting. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness. Thank you for surrounding us with friends and family who have loved on us since the begining of this process.
So details you ask??? :)
Our birth mom is a 26 year old women with a fair complexion and green eyes. She chose our profile because she was looking for a family that had a strong religious foundation. :) She loves us. She is very healthy with no history of substance abuse.
We do not know the sex of the baby yet, but we will find out on Halloween after her ultrasound. :) Her due date at this moment is March 28th, just a few months away!
Yes, we realize that it is several months and that she could change her mind. But as my dear sweet husband said earlier "We are in, we are all in" And yes we are. We will be hopelessly excitedly in love for this baby and birthmom.
Please pray for a heatlhy healthy pregnancy and confidence in her decision. Our happiness can not come without her heartbreak. Lord, please hold her.
On a later date I will share how I told Jeff, how we told Amber, and how Amber told our parents!

Oh, and an explaination about the title of this post.... when I called my NC social worker to let her know that we had been matched in TX, we had a bad connection on the phone.

Me "Dawn, we have been picked"
Dawn "What you are sick?"
Me "No we have been picked"
Dawn "You have been kicked"
Me "We are in wilmington, it's my inlaws anniversary, we have been picked"
Dawn "What, you are sick, on your anniversary??"

HAHAHAHA we finally got it straightened out, but this was great!
Love you all,
Karen & Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I am so, so happy for this glorious day in your lives! I'm crying tears of love and happiness for you and your beautiful family!

    Love,

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!! PRAISE GOD!!! I am sooooooooooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! And the fact that HE allowed me to be there when you got the news was like showers of blessings for me:) I love you all sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew this would happen for your family!!! Congratulations you guys, Beautiful Day! Beautiful Life!!

    ReplyDelete