Saturday, October 8, 2011

There's still time.....

So, I'm not sure if anyone else is interested, but I counted weeks the other day. And we have a little less than 11 weeks left in the year. When I counted that I had a internal debate with myself - positive vs. negative.

Negative - "The is only 11 weeks left in the year, that's not enough time, this year is going to be over before we know it, we have been waiting, blah blah blah"

Positive - "There is still 11 weeks left in the year, that's plenty of time for God to work miracles, wow, I could be of for the holidays on maternity leave, aww a Christmas baby would be awesome, I love cold weather, traveling to TX would be great in the Fall" etc.

You see, last Christmas I really truly honestly felt that last Christmas would be our very last without Baby Clayton home with us. So when I counted the weeks and realized we had 11 weeks till Christmas, I got a little panicky. It's coming way too soon. What if Christmas comes and goes and we still are not matched? Maybe my gut would be way off.

What are time lines anyway? I have wanted a baby my whole life, but officially started trying over 10 years ago. Jeff and I have been married for nearly 4 years. (Yes, people I was married before which is where the ten years comes in)   We have been in the adoption process for 15 months.We have been "paper pregnant" on on the official waiting list for 8 months. Still plenty of room of a miracle within 11 weeks! 

So my praying friends.....we thank you for your continued prayer, we covet them. If you would to pray specifically that we receive a miracle before the end of 2011 that would be awesome too! 

If the 11 weeks come and go and we celebrate one more Christmas without Baby Clayton, we will still be thankful for the blessings in our life, thoroughly enjoy every minute of Christmas, and look forward to the next year with eager hearts! 

Love y'all - Jeff & Karen  

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying!! I remember having the same thoughts. We officially waited 2 Christmases - the third one is the charm this year :)

    ReplyDelete