Saturday, October 13, 2012

Texas Day 3

I was so excited about Texas Day 3 cause it meant we were going to SEA WORLD! We all enjoyed our day in court, obviously that was the reason we were even there but I was super happy about going to SW. I have only been once, when I was 9 years old and I was really looking forward to it. It was pretty warm that day, in the low 90’s and although I wish it could have been a little cooler, we faired ok. D. had hooked us up with some discount tickets through her work (Thank you D.) which was most appreciated. We got there early so we would be there when they opened. We waited in line for the gates to open and then it was a mad dash to make it to the first show of the day. We made it just in time and thoroughly enjoyed the pre-show with the mime who ended up being one of the divers/acrobats. The beluga whales and dolphins were phenomenal. I had chills sitting in 90 degree weather. I wanted to cry it was so beautiful. How silly is that? Amber sat with her mouth opened the whole time while Caleb slept through the entire show.
We continued making our way through the park, fighting the still big crowd, and made it to all the shows. Jeff, Amber, and his Dad rode a few rides while Caleb enjoyed riding in his stroller. I ended up taking his little outfit off and he cruised the park in his diaper and hat under the shade of his stroller. He was pretty happy covered in slobber and crumbs from his new favorite snack the Mum Mum. (It’s like a rice cake for babies). Amber loved the kid section with the obstacle course and water area. Caleb even enjoyed standing on one of the little water spouts coming out of the cement (maybe 2 inches high). The water was really cold but he didn’t seem to mind on his little toes. I especially enjoyed looking at the penguins, although I could have easily spent much longer in there! Not only was it nice and cool but Amber and I had been watching the penguins on their webcam for over a month and I, for one, was completely smitten! They are just so darn cute waddling around.
We made it to all the shows and of course, Shamu did not disappoint! I am so grateful we were able to add this adventure to our Texas trip!
After everyone had seen everything they wanted to see and ridden all the rides it was time to leave. We made it to the car and blasted the cold air! Can you tell that it was hot that day??? And I heard several people say that they were so glad TX was having a “cold spell” Eek.
We headed back to the house to rest and relax and SHOWER and then before we knew it, it was time for dinner again. This being our last night we decided to head to one of Jeff and I’s fave from our last trip, Texas Pride BBQ! We made plans for Briana and Noel to meet us too. We filled our trays with beef brisket, ribs, beans, and potatoes and found a seat. It was so yummy. They put your meat on butcher paper and for some reason it makes it that much yummier to me. LOL We finished off our meal with warm peach cobbler, a la mode of course.
Leaving the restaurant we mingled in the parking lot for awhile not wanting to say goodbye. On our last trip the goodbyes were easy because we knew we would be back in 6mo to finalize. This time, we don’t know how long it will be before we make it back. We hope they come to NC for a visit sometime but with their little miracle on the way, their trip will have to be moved to the back burner. I forgot to mention on my last post, but Briana gave us the sweetest gift on our court day. It was the book “tell me again about the night I was born” which makes me want to cry my eyes out every time I read it. It is so sweet. And the most adorable onesie, 1st Halloween for Caleb. But my most favorite thing of all was the special card that she gave us. Her kind words truly touched my heart. It’s amazing how God put us together to share the wait, the upsets, and the pure joy of adoption. They are such a blessing to us and I will never ever be able to truly put in to words how much their kindness over this past year has meant to us. I mean, seriously, how many people do you know that would invite you to stay in their home, with and without a newborn having just met them??? They personify God’s love for people. If you don’t have friends like them, pray that God will send special folks like them into your life.
I tried to thank them and say goodbye but I became a blubbering mess, so we just left it at “see ya later’. Got in our cars and headed back to the house. Of course, we had to stop at Wal-mart again……

1 comment:

  1. I am finally just reading this. You are so sweet and we treasure y'all friendship so much. We love and miss y'all!!!!

    ReplyDelete