Monday, October 15, 2012

7 months old!

Caleb actually turned 7 months old 10 days ago, but just now getting a chance to write this post. Had to finish the Texas series of posts before I forgot everything, so here ya go. And, I haven't downloaded this month's pics yet, so I will have to go back and edit this post later with super cute pics. But in the mean time.....

This has been a BIG month in Caleb's life! He has really developed in the last couple of weeks! While in TX, he really tried to start crawling and in about 2 days after being home, he was OFF! Crawling from one end of the house to the other. Well, it kinda looks like a modified Army crawl, but it works for him. My fave is when I open the front door after work and he sees me. He immediately starts squealing and kicking, and rushing to the door to get to me. If he happens to be holding a toy, he doesn't waste time to put it down, he just keeps it in his hand and bangs the floor with it all the way over to me. It's quite the welcome home. He has also been AMAZING in the sleep department! Not only is he continuing to fall asleep easily at night, but he has been sleeping ALL NIGHT LONG! That's right, it has finally happened consistently! Praise the Lord! Such a sweet, happy, easy going fella. If we never have the opportunity to adopt again, I can rest easy knowing that God has already given us the sweetest, happiest, calmest baby boy. What an amazing blessing he is. I am completely and totally in love with him. And I'm certain people are tired of hearing me talk about him, but all I can suggest is  - you might wanna get some earplugs. LOL

Buddy boy LOVES eating, crawling, making funny faces and sounds, working his eyebrows, transferring items from hand to hand, puffs, dehydrated yogurt bites, self feeding of the puffs and yogurt bites, his sissy, Daddy, grandparents, church, watching kitty on the porch, waking up in the morning, his bottle, mirrors, baths, kisses, my rubber cellphone case, and is currently obsessed with Barney!

He is currently 17lbs 6oz - that's a big growth for this month! Wearing size 3 diapers, 6mo clothes (although he can still wear some 3/6mo), eating between 7/8 ounces every 3/4 hours and eating solids 2x a day.

In the last 2 days we have had another big development! After months and months we have finally spotted 2 teeth!!!!! They  are not quite through yet, but we can see the little white peaks just under the gum so it won't be long!

Baby boy, you and sissy are my absolute joy. I'm sorry that I have to go to work everyday and can't be home with you, but you reward me when I come home and we make the most of our evenings together. There is nothing in the world that I wouldn't do for you. I want to protect you and keep you safe and secure forever. I thank God that we were chosen to be your parents. I've been sharing your adoption story with you since birth and one day we will be able to talk about it and answer your questions. I hope you will always know that you are loved beyond measure. That you are our miracle, the answer to our prayers. Happy 7mo baby boy, Momma loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment