Wednesday, September 26, 2012

6 months!

Oh my gracious, Buddy Boy is 6 months old!!! This has been the fastest six months of my life! Now that we have finally turned the corner on the sleep situation, I am actually remembering more of each passing day. Ha-ha I will be the first to admit, I totally and completely underestimated the whole sleep deprivation thing. I will also admit that it has been 100% totally and completely worth it. Even if I did go to work with mismatched socks/shoes, etc. I only fell asleep at my desk once, but thankfully I don’t think anyone noticed. Caleb continues to thrive and has the sweetest personality. We feel so blessed and often say “Not only were we chosen for a healthy baby, but he is so handsome AND so good and sweet!” He does love to be held but also loves to spend time in his various activities. He loves his exersaucer, Johnny jump up, and lately just rolling around on the floor with his toys. At his recent 6mo well-baby checkup the Doc was impressed by how well he is sitting up so straight. He had to show off his tricks: picking up small toys, passing them from one hand to the other, then to his mouth, holding items above his head, leaning forward while sitting to reach a toy and then sitting back up again without toppling over. He finally made it up to the 25% in weight!! Yay!!! And it did my Mommy heart good to hear her say that even though he is on the small side he is beyond his age developmentally. Tears started to sting my eyes, isn’t that silly? Oh, and by the way, I absolutely adore our pediatrician’s office. There are several doctors in the practice, and I love them all. They are so kind and patient and are great with the babies as well as Amber’s age. They never look at me funny when I have questions that probably sound stupid. They understood when I burst into tears when they sent us to the hospital when Caleb was 8 weeks old. And they all have shared in our joy over our adoption. If you are not 100% satisfied with your Pediatrician, find another one. Makes all the difference.
Jeff’s parents bought Caleb a Cars themed walker that has a honking horn, steering wheel, and turn signals that beep. Super cute and he loves it! He loves to lay down on the horn and then looks around and grins. He can not go forward in the walker yet, but he is good at going backwards across the floor. LOL I’m glad we don’t have carpet in our main living areas anymore; I think he will really be able to ZOOM across the floor soon! He also has a new trick, just this week. He rolls off the blanket onto the floor and then scoots backwards on his belly all the way across the room. Kind of like a reverse army crawl. It’s precious. He also saw his shadow for the first time last night when sitting on the floor in the living room. He slowly waved his hand around, and then tried to “scoop” up the shadow and eat it! hahaha I’m thankful I got it on film.
His six month birthday is also an important time in our adoption process. Finalization can not take place in TX until 6mo after our placement date. He was born on the 5th of March; we received The Call on March 7th, and we checked him out of hospital on March 8th. So now that 6mo has passed our placement date we can now officially finalize in Texas. Of course, we have been waiting for this day for months, but the actually plane tickets and court date could not be set until they received our 5th month post placement visit last month. But, everything is now set! Rental cars (2- cause all 7 of us and car seat won’t fit in one), rental house (Love VRBO.com), and plane tickets (OUCH!) Being the planner that I am, I also have a list of suggested restaurants and activities to do while we are there. I know we are going to Sea World and the Alamo, and if we have time I would love to visit the zoo. We will also be having family photos taken with my sweet friend Briana. So excited to see them again!! They recently shared some exciting news, but since she hasn’t written a blog post about it, I’m not going to say a thing......but I am so happy for them!! Anywhoo….. we will also get to spending some time with my sweet D. and her husband T. I miss her smiling face and even though we email and text regularly, I’m looking forward to hugging her neck. And I know she is looking forward to seeing our sweet baby and meeting the rest of the family!
 
Baby Boy we love you so very much! Thank you for letting me be your Mommy, it is the greatest feeling in the world.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment