Saturday, April 21, 2012

What I have learned....

The last 6 weeks an 6 days have taught me plenty. Here are a few.....


I never knew that I would use the word "poop" so many times a day. As a verb "Come on budy, go poop" Attached to adjectives "It's green, brown, mustard yellow poop" As a noun "I think I smell poop"


I never knew I would worry so much, "Is he hot?" "Is he too cool?" "Is he eating too much?" "Is he eating too little?"


I never knew that even with the worrying that after a few weeks, things come really naturally.


I never knew how much healing could come from a crying, pooping, sleeping, smiling, playing, ten pound miracle.


I never knew how my heart would fill to capacity when my son smiles at me.








I never knew how proud I would be to see Amber with her "bubba" :)




I never knew that I could look back at our homecoming photos and still cry in amazement and thankfulness.






I never knew how much more I could miss my Daddy. He loved kids, especially enjoyed the little ones that were born in our family the year he passed away. He would be one proud Grandpa Kenny.




These are just some of the things I have learned over the last (almost) 7 weeks. I have no doubt I have many many more things to learn. 


1 comment:

  1. You are right...it is funny how "poop" becomes a regular word in your vocabulary :) Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete