Wednesday, December 1, 2010

How great is our God...

How great is our God... I love that song. Brings a smile to my face. You know what else brings a smile to my face? The fact that my family and friends purchased 30 cheesecakes from our bake sale!! Each and every one of you are so fantastic!

We completed our home study paperwork (which was several inches thick!) and mailed to the agency. They confirmed receipt on November 19th!!! YIPPEE What a huge relief to have that finished and physically out of our hands. The agency then mailed/emailed requests to our references. We had to mail a check for $1800 so that our home study interviews can be completed. Well, I am so humbled to say that we sold enough T-shirts and enough cheesecakes that we were able to mail that check and have $12 leftover in the baby fund. How great is our God? When we started selling T-shirts in October, I had no idea that we would be so blessed. I guess I should have known. Yesterday we were matched with a caseworker from the agency, and we will be having our home interviews very soon. We can't wait! We are very excited about this part! Once our HS is complete, we are considered "Paper Pregnant"! Isn't that the funniest saying? I was thinking about this term and I started to make a humorous list of the pros and cons of adoption...

Pros:

No morning sickness
No labor pains
No swollen everything
No possible surgery
No possible Episiotomy (This always terrified me!)
Will feel great when baby comes home!
I still get maternity leave from work!

Cons:

I don't have a valid excuse for mood swings
No valid excuse for weird eating habits
No valid excuse for midnight ice cream runs
I can not eat for 2 and it be justified
No valid excuse to get out of moving heavy items

Hope this made you ladies smile! We are continuing our fund raising with another round of goodies! Only potentially $18k more to go (depends on if we are matched through the agency or have an independent situation). Once our home study is compete we will legally be able to adopt for 18 months in NC. Please continue to pray for the Mom out there that is facing a decision that will change all of our lives. Please continue to pray for the workers at the agency, they work tirelessly for their passion of placing children in Christian homes. Please continue to pray that God's will be done throughout this process.

We love you all!!

Jeff & Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment